Saturday, February 02, 2008

In the Past Year

Okay, I have been tagged and I am thrilled! I challenged Nona at Everyday Yogini to answer these questions on her birthday and now she challenged me right back. These questions are a tradition started by a group of friends I lived with for a year. For each birthday we had a big dinner for the guest of honor. After the dinner (and, usually, after much wine had been drunk), each person at the table could ask the birthday person one question about the previous year and then one question about the next year. There were no boundaries with the questions and the birthday person had to answer them (although she could be vague…) I continue the tradition with my sister and mother on our birthdays. It is wonderfully introspective on a very special day. These are just some typical questions:

In the Past year:

What was your most embarrassing moment?
Hmmm…I am not sure. I tend to speak faster than my brain can process the appropriateness of the comment so I am guessing there are a few times my mouth embarrassed me…
What are you proudest of achieving?
Two things. One, I continue to homeschool my children. It isn’t always easy, but, like cooking from scratch, feels nourishing to my soul. Two, I have begun a new company, one that is based on my values. I did it by inspiring a group of women to live from their values as well so I am especially proud of changing their lives as well.

What would you do differently with the benefit of hindsight?
I would have let go of my fears so much sooner. Control just makes you crazy. I generally don’t believe in regret, it is a waste of energy. But fears…what an even bigger waste of energy.

What did you love about last year?
I loved learning (and continuing to learn) to live from a deeper, more inspired space. I am finally more inline with my life purpose and it is glorious!


In the Next year:

What do you want to say you accomplished next year on this day?
You know, I don’t want to even limit myself with a guess. Let’s just say I am sure much will have transpired…

What are you looking most forward to in the next year?
I am so excited to see what comes from the adventure of my life now that I am more in the flow of what is coming. It will be amazing.

What goal of yours are you most tantalized by?
My company…

If you knew you only had the next year to live, what would you make sure to do? What is stopping you?
You know what…I AM DOING IT!! And it feels great to be able to say that and mean it!

Okay, now it is your turn. Feel free to tag yourself (or keep the questions for your birthday!) I especially want to hear what Karen, Beth, Heather, Marya, and Aleia have to say!

1 comment:

Everyday Yogini said...

Thanks for answering, Laura! You are an inspiration... :)