Wednesday, February 20, 2008

What's for Dinner: Cauliflower Soup

Have I got a recipe for you! It is incredibly easy and so yummy! I can sense a taste of butter in it. (No, there is no butter and my husband has pointed out that it has been 4 years since I tasted butter so maybe my butter taste buds are a bit sensitive!) This recipe come from Vegan Italiano.

  • 1 large head of cauliflower. (You can use a huge one here. Just add more stock, if necessary.)

  • ¼ C olive oil

  • 4 large cloves of garlic

  • 4 C vegetable stock (I use Rapunzel brand vegan stock. I love it!)

  • ½ t salt (I haven’t needed to add it since my stock is salty enough).

  • ¼ c finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (again, never used)

  1. Cut up cauliflower into bite-size pieces and blanch or steam until crisp-tender.

  2. In a large soup pot, heat the oil over med-high heat. Add the garlic and, stirring constantly, let it cook for 1 minute.

  3. Add the cauliflower and cook until begins to brown. (I have yet to see it brown. I just cook for 5-10 minutes and then continue with the recipe).

  4. Add stock and bring to a boil.

  5. Puree 2/3 of the soup.

  6. Return to the pot and heat, add parsley.

  7. Enjoy!


Cauliflower Soup @ Group Recipes

No comments: