Monday, May 19, 2008

What's for Dinner: Spinach Balls

I love this recipe! They are good hot, cold and even frozen. Incredibly versatile and yummy, too!


  • 1-10 ounce package frozen spinach

  • 1 cup oat flour

  • 3 eggs

  • ¼ nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese

  • large chopped onion

  • ¼ cup olive oil

  • ½ t garlic powder

  • 1 t salt

  • ½ t thyme (maybe more)

  • ½ sage



  1. 350 degrees

  2. Mix half the spinach and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Add the rest of the spinach and pulse until mixed. Be sure to keep the spinach “chunky”.

  3. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out “balls” (they are a bit runny) onto a cookie sheet. I make small cookie sized, but feel free to make them any size you want.

  4. Bake for 10-25 minutes (depending on size)


Spinach Balls @ Group Recipes

5 comments:

@MuseKaren said...

Thanks for the recipe! I just ate a few of the left-overs for dinner - they are delicious (even cold).

Tamlin said...

They were soooo yummy! I'm looking forward to making them. Thank you for sharing them at the musélan group.

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. I think they will go well with my other often used recipe--Laura's great cookies!

Marya said...

My kids have recently decided they like fresh spinach. Do your kids eat these? Ever dip them in a little sauce? Yum.

@MuseLaura said...

Yes, my kids eat these! Yay! I think a sauce would be fabulous. Maybe a mayonnaise base or a guacamole or even a salsa. Yum! Let me know if you try any!