Monday, October 30, 2006

Ayurvedic Water Flush

Drinking water. I know you all already know about the importance of it. I began an ayurvedic technique with drinking water around 10 years ago and love it. Right when you get up in the morning, drink a lot of water. I originally read 64 ounces. I have never been up that high. I used to do 32 ounces and now I do around 16 ounces. It rehydrates you after the night and gives you a quick detox (you will need to visit the bathroom several times over the next couple of hours.) Be sure to do it about an hour before you eat, though, so you don't dilute your digestive fluids. Also be sure you have no health concerns that could make this practice unsafe for you. Occasionally I miss a day and I can feel the effects all day even though I am still drinking my usual water throught the day.